Have Your Artwork Featured on thecreativecrypto.com!
Welcome to the start of our “decentralized” art initiative 🙂
For those new to the Magazine, all of our illustrations are custom designed by a team of amazing artists, and each is unique to the article that follows it. Believe it or not, all this artwork (like Van Gogh up there) is actually commissioned through crypto-powered upvotes. How does that work? Well, our website is built on the Steem blockchain, which allows us to reward our readers and those who contribute to the growth of the magazine itself. Those who have Steem accounts (and who upvote this article) actually receive small amounts of Steem simply by “liking” each post. As the Magazine accrues Steem, we are able to reward both our readers and contributors. Which brings us to todays topic; An Open Call for Illustrations!
Calling all artists and designers! While most of our illustrations are done in-house, we thought it would be a fun idea to open up a weekly series for our creative readership to participate! Today, we’ll be hosting the first open call for an article cover and set the precedent for more future involvement.
Open Call Guidelines
To take part, please follow the guidelines below. Interpret the Article Summary through your own artistic lens, and create a single image that best reflects the theme below –
Article Summary: The term ‘cryptocurrency’ has confounded much of the global public on what it is, what it does, and why it’s named that way. This article will look to clarify the purpose and prospect of the technology. It will be an edited and up-to-date version of this original piece.
- Create a digital image that captures the meaning of the article with the minimum dimensions of 1200 x 720 pixels.
- Create a personal Steemit post highlighting the image and a description of the process and inspiration. You will need a Steemit account to participate, for which you can sign up here.
- Share the link and image in the comments section of this post on the Steemit version of this article.
- Deadline is Wednesday, July 4, 2018 5:00pm EST. Earlier submissions are recommended to receive more exposure! We will reveal the winner in the comment section of the post and the piece will be featured on the upcoming The Creative Crypto article.
Winners will receive substantial crypto-upvotes from our parent account @sndbox at the following rates –
- First Place will receive a 100% vote from @sndbox.
- Second – Fifth Place will receive a 20% vote each.
- Honorable Mentions will receive a 10% vote each.
- All successful entries will receive a partial upvote (1-5%).
We look forward to seeing the results of the competition. Good luck to all the participants!